Hi everyone! Just a reminder about the event coming up THIS SUNDAY 12 MARCH. Join us at Japan Day! Who Will you be Cosplaying as?
The Japanese Consulate will host the 5th Annual Japan Day on 12 March 2017 at Blaauwklippen Family Market
The festival is a free event, so you will get the usual Sunday market experience plus an opportunity to enjoy Japanese cultural activities.
The performances on the day will include:
• Martial arts demonstrations (Aikido, Kendo, Karate and Kenjutsu)
• Japanese Taiko drumming
• Shakuhachi (Japanese flute)
• A Cosplay show
• Japanese food demonstrations
The exhibitions will include:
• Koi fish
• Sumi-e (Drawings by Japanese brushstroke)
The audience will also have a chance to try:
• Shodo- Japanese calligraphy
• Go- Japanese chess